Guidance Services Request Form

Need some support? Students can use the link below to request an appointment with a guidance counselor or social worker.

Central Campus

Central Campus Guidance Office
(815) 588-8250
Room 222

East Campus

East Campus Guidance Office
(815) 588-8350
Room 77

College & Career Guidance

College & Career Guidance

Planning one’s future can be intimidating. Counselors are available to guide students as they explore their interests and options. Students can get help with planning for higher learning, completing college applications, accessing financial aid, and preparing for the ACT and SAT.


Guidance Counselors are available to assist students with resources to prepare for college entrance exams. Registration for the ACT is done through the ACT website. Registration for the SAT and PSAT is done through CollegeBoard. Information about dates, deadlines, test sites, and scores is available at these sites.  

Financial Aid

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the form families need to fill out to get any financial aid from the federal government to help pay for college. Several states and colleges also use the FAFSA to determine which students get financial aid and how much they'll get. Illinois requires graduating high school seniors to complete the FAFSA.

College & Career Visits

Campus visits offer students the opportunity to see firsthand colleges' facilities, equipment, and housing, meet staff, talk to current students, and get answers to their questions. LTHS also hosts a number of campus callers during the school day.

Essays & Scholarships

In December, the Guidance Office posts a number of scholarships that are offered by the Community and the LTHS Foundation. It's important for seniors to apply early and meet the application deadlines.

School Records

Beginning with the Class of 2023 official transcripts should be ordered through their SchooLinks account, Students should contact their Counselors with any questions. Any Alumni before the Class of 2023 will still use Parchment. Other permanent records can be requested through the Registrar's Office.

Other Post-Secondary Options