It is an honor and privilege to congratulate all of the graduates of the Class of 2021 and to recognize them in the 2021 Graduation Ceremony scheduled to take place on Saturday, June 5, 2021. This graduating Class of 2021 will forever be remembered for its compassion, resiliency, and perseverance during one of the most challenging times in this nation’s history. Thank you for your patience in anticipation for our 2021 Graduation Ceremony!
LTHS is excited to announce that it will be holding an outside ceremony with an indoor contingency plan in case of inclement weather. The outdoor graduation will take place at Porter Stadium. In the case of inclement weather, the shift to our Plan B Indoor Graduation will be announced on Friday, June 4. The ceremony will be live-streamed and available to watch on YouTube.
OUTDOOR GRADUATION - Plan A
Due to COVID restrictions, we will be running two separate ceremonies based on our hybrid learning alpha split. Here is the outdoor Graduation Ceremony schedule:
Cap and Gown Pickup
Jostens will be on campus Saturday, May 8, from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., for students who placed an order for a cap and gown prior to April 1.
- LTHS Group (A-La) students will drive through and pick up their orders in front of Door 3.
- Porters Group (Lb-Z) students will drive through the Farrell Lot and pick up orders in front of Door 16.
Students who ordered after April 1 can pick up their caps and gowns on May 19th, from 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. in the cafeteria.
For questions about cap and gown orders, please consult the Jostens website or call the Principal's Office at 815-588-8304. Pickup for orders placed after April 1 will be Wednesday, May 19.
Each graduate will receive two tickets. Students will pick up tickets on Tuesday, June 1, and Wednesday, June 2. Remember that all school fees must be paid in order for students to pick up graduation tickets. Anyone needing assistance with a payment plan may contact Assistant Principal Matt Bartley, firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-588-8312. Additional information about ticket pickup will be posted on our website the week of May 24.
Important COVID Safety Protocols
The most important consideration in the planning for this Graduation Ceremony was for the health and safety of our families and staff. Based on recommendations and guidelines from health officials, families are asked to comply with the following:
- Wear a mask while outdoors on campus or in the building. Graduates may remove their masks for photos if using Plan B.
- Follow “physical distancing” recommendations of 3-6 feet or more.
- Individuals must not attend the ceremony if they have a temperature of greater than 100.4F/37C or symptoms of COVID-19 (fevers, chills, cough, muscle aches, headache, sore throat, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or loss of taste or smell).
Congratulations to the 2021 Graduates as they celebrate this outstanding achievement on June 5! Questions? Please contact the East Campus Main Office at 815-588-8304.
All graduates will also receive a Class of 2021 yard sign when they pick up their caps and gowns.