Attendance Policies & Procedures
Central Campus East Campus Freshman Sophomore, Junior, Senior Regular School Day: 8:25 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Regular School Day: 8:25 a.m. to 2:58 p.m. Central Campus Attendance
East Campus Attendance
(815)588-8320If your student will not be in attendance for any part of the regular school day, please call the appropriate attendance office and leave a voicemail.
If a student arrives fifteen (15) or more minutes late from their designated school start time, the student must report to the Attendance Office to pick up a “Process Accordingly” slip. This is taken to class within five (5) minutes and presented to the teacher. Students who are not in class within this time will be referred to the Dean’s Office by the teacher. The teacher either will record a first tardy or will write a referral and assign detention if the student has previously been tardy.
- To call your student in absent, please spell their first & last name, the reason for the absence, your relationship to the student & a number you can be reached if necessary.
- To call your student in late, please spell their first & last name, the reason they will be late, your relationship to the student & a number you can be reached if necessary.
- If your student will need to leave school early, please send them with a note, stating their name with the reason & time they need to leave class. Your student should bring this to the attendance office prior to the start of school. Your student will be issued a field pass to the teacher. Your student will exit through the security office, Door #4.
- If your student will need to leave for an unplanned reason, please spell their first & last name, the reason and time they will need to leave class, your relationship to the student & a number you can be reached if necessary. A pass will be sent to your student to pick up their field pass. Please allow time for staff to coordinate your student's departure from class.
• When a student arrives with an excuse of oversleeping, car trouble, heavy traffic, etc., the dean will give the student a verbal warning that upon the next late arrival (fifteen (15) minutes from their designated school start time), the student will receive two (2) detentions. The dean will record this information in the student’s disciplinary record. Students who drive to school and are repeatedly late may have their driving privileges revoked.
• When a student arrives at school after fifteen (15) minutes late from their designated school start time with a note or call from a parent explaining that the student was late due to a family emergency, family business, family problem, or personal illness, the student’s absence will be recorded with the appropriate codes for the period(s) missed that day. If there is a question regarding a specific situation, a dean will be contacted.
The student should arrive at his or her class within five (5) minutes of receiving the “Process Accordingly” slip or the admit. Students who are not in class within this time will be referred to the Dean’s Office by the teacher. Students who attend 300 or more minutes of instruction per normal school day will be counted as present for the entire day. This means that students must attend school for at least six (6) periods. Students who attend 150-299 minutes of instruction (three-five periods) per normal school day will be counted as present for only half a day. Students who attend less than 150 minutes of instruction (one or two periods) per normal school day will be counted as absent for the entire day.Please fax physicians' note regarding attendance to :East Campus (Grades 10-12) 815-588-8329entral Campus (Grade 9): 815-588-8279
Perfect attendance means being present in all class period everyday school is in attendance.Tardies To Class
• The classroom teacher is responsible for keeping a record of the number of tardies that a student has accumulated. Students are considered tardy if they are not in the classroom when the tardy bell rings. Classroom teachers will record the students’ cumulative tardies. Students should go directly to their respective classes and not to the Attendance/Deans’ Office when they are tardy. Upon the second tardy to an assigned area, the teacher will fill out a detention notice form, assign a detention date, (either current date or next-day date), and give the student a copy. Each future tardy during that semester to that assigned area will result in one (1) detention being issued.
• Students going to lunch must be in the cafeteria before the tardy bell begins to ring.