Attendance Policies & Procedures
Reporting a Student's Absence:
Parents are required to call in to document their student's absence by 3:00 p.m. on the day the absence occurs. An automated phone call will be sent if a student is absent the first two periods of the day.
If a student will be arriving late, parents are required to call to document the reason and time the student will arrive.
If a student must leave early, parents are required to send a note with the student or call to document the reason and the time the student should be released. Notes should be brought to the Attendance Office prior to the student's first class. When a request is made by phone, please allow time for staff to coordinate the student's departure from class.
For Hybrid Learning Days:
On Hybrid Learning Days, attendance for students who are at school (Monday and Thursday for LTHS group, Tuesday and Friday for Porters group) will have their attendance taken each period by teachers. Students who are learning at home on those days must log into their Infinite Campus Student Portal between 8:00 – 10:00 a.m. to check in for attendance. The attendance button in the student's account will not be available after 10:00 a.m.
Logging Remote Learning Attendance
- Log into Infinite Campus Student Portal. Remember when you log in, you must use your full 9-digit ID number: Example: 205012345.
- On the left side of the page, choose “Today”
- Under “Check-ins”, choose “Attendance”
- On the Attendance page, click on “I’m Here”
- Log in to Google classroom to begin learning!
For Full Online Learning (APEX) students only:
Students enrolled in Full Online Learning (APEX) log in to Infinite Campus Student Portal each day to report their attendance.
Logging Virtual Attendance
- Student/Parent should log into the portal on virtual learning days
- On the "Today" Page you will ll see "Check-Ins" on the left side of the screen
- Click the Attendance box and it will bring you to the next page
- Once here - please click the "I'm Here" box - then you are all done!
Central CampusFRESHMANHybrid In-person School Day
7:50 a.m. to 2:02 p.m.Remote School Day
8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.Central Campus Attendance
East CampusSOPHOMORE, JUNIOR, SENIORHybrid In-person School Day
7:50 a.m. to 2:03 p.m.Remote School Day
8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.East Campus Attendance
Please fax physician's note regarding absences for doctor's appointments to:CENTRAL CAMPUS (Grade 9)(815) 588-8279EAST CAMPUS (Grades 10-12)(815) 588-8329Any physician's note regarding specific health issues, illnesses, or test results must be sent to the appropriate Nurses Office.